Being a part of Gaithersburg Book Festival planning committee is magical for me, because it allows me to be on the ground level of creating this amazing event each and every year. As I watch the list of featured authors and illustrators grow, and help to recruit authors, illustrators, poets and other creative sorts for our writers’ workshops, my anticipation grows as well. I encourage my students and their families to attend, hoping they will be as excited as I am about the “big day”. There is nothing quite like listening to an author talk about their writing, or watching an illustrator create magic on an easel!
In case you missed my earlier posts about GBF 2018:
- Choo Choo! Gaithersburg Book Festival is pulling into town on May 19th!
- Getting Real with Karina Yan Glaser
- Playing Catch with Fred Bowen
- Zooming Through Space with Dave Roman
- In Conversation with Matthew Winner of The Children’s Book Podcast
And The Children’s Book Podcast by Matthew Winner